Search For The World's Most Wanted Art
Museum Robbery in South America
ROSARIO, ARGENTINA - March 24, 1987 Armed robbers stole six important European paintings from the Juan B. Castagnino Museum of Fine Art.
6 Recovered Goya (Spanish, 1746-1828) "Dove and Hen"
- El Greco (Spanish, 1541-1614) "Evangelist"
- Goya (Spanish, 1746-1828) "War Scene" (Bandidos Asesinando a Hombres y Mujeres)
- Titian (Italain, 1495-1576) "Portrait of Philip II"
- Magnasco (Italain, 1667-1749) "Landscape"
- Veronese (Italain, 1528-1588) "Portrait of a Gentelman" (Retrato de Hombre con Pelliza)
For pictures of these missing paintings see (in Spanish) Argentina's INTERPOL
Although statutes for criminal prosecution may have lapsed, the paintings are still considered to be stolen property. If you have any information about this case please contact the appropriate officials.