"Seach for the World's Most Wanted Art"
Copyright © 1998 - 2008 Saz Productions, Inc.
We are seeking information about these cases:
2008's Most Wanted Art
- August 23, 2008 Encino, CA USA: Residential theft of a 12 paintingsi ncluding works by Hans Hoffman, Riego Rivera, included. For details see LAPD & PDF link. Reward $200,000
- July 30, 2008 Odessa, Ukraine: A copy of Caravaggio's "Kiss of Judas" was stolen from the Museum of Eastern & Western Art. For details see link.
- May 24, 2008 Vancouver Canada. RECOVERED Goldwork by Canadian artist Bill Reid were stolen from the University of British Columbia's Anthropology Museum. For details see link.
- March 16, 2008 Pecq, France: Thirty artworks were taken in an armed raid f of a private collection. Paintings by Monet, Cezanne, Sisley, Corot, even a statue by Rodin were included in the haul. For an article see link.
- March 8,2008 Jutland Denmark: Paintings by Rubens and Goya were stolen from a historic Voergaard castle. For details in Danish see link. also see INTERPOL.
- February 11, 2008 Zurich, Switzerland: PARTIAL RECOVERY Three armed men stole four paintings from the Buehrle collection. Works by Van Gogh, Cezanne, Degas, & Monet are missing. For details see INTERPOL. Reward 100,00 Swiss Francs.
- Ferbruary 7, 2008 Pfaeffikon, Switzerland: Two later works by Picasso were taken after closing from the Seedamn Kulturzentrum. See INTERPOL for details. A reward has been offered by the owners.
2007's Most Wanted Art
- December 20, 2007 San Paulo, Brazil: RECOVERED 1/10/08 Paintings by Picasso and Portinari were stolen from the Museum of Art San Paulo. For story see MSN
- December 2, 2007 Wajouru, New Zealand: RECOVERED Historic war medals were stolen from the Wajouru military museum. For details see NZ Police. Reward 300,00 NZ dollars.
- October 23, 2007 Pietrasanta, Italy: RECOVERED Seven statues by the Columbian artist Botero were taken from a foundry. See article at MSN.
- September 17, 2007 Copenhagen, Denmark: RECOVERED "The Golden Horns" were stolen. Later recovered these pieces were replicas of a famed archaeological find see MSN.
- August 5, 2007 Nice, France: RECOVERED Armed robbers stole four paintings from the Musee Beaux Arts. These missing artworks by Monet, Sisley, and two by Jan Breughel the Elder, can be seen at INTERPOL
- July 10, 2007 Moscow, Russia: Thirteen paintings were stolen from the apartment of a retired Soviet era Judge. The haul allegedly included paintings by Georges Seurat, Alexej Jawlenski, Ivan Aivazovsky, and more. For more on the story see MSN
- June 10, 2007 Australia: A self portrait by Dutch artist Frans van Mieris was stolen from the the walls of the Art Gallery of New South Wales. For details see Art Gallery of NSW
- May 3, 2007 United Kingdom: Five works by LS Lowry were taken in a robbery. For details see the BBC. Arrests made.
- February 28, 2007 Paris France: RECOVERED 8/5/07 Two paintings by Pablo Picasso were stolen from his granddaughters apartment. For pictures of the stolen oil paintings "Portrait of Jacqueline" and "Maya with a Doll" see INTERPOL.
- January 8, 2007 Sakurai Japan. Scrolls by Japanese masters were stolen from the Yamoto Museum. For details see Japan Times
2006's Most Wanted Art
RECOVERED 11/21/06 A painting by the Spanish artist Goya was stolen from an art transport van parked overnight at a motel.
- November 8, 2006 Scranton, PA USA:
] & [Hermitage News]
- August 2006 St.Petersburg Russia. Hermitage appeals to collectors to help find stolen artworks. For details see [RIA Novosti
; English see INTERPOL.
- February 24, 2006 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil: Amid Carnaval celibrations an armed robbery of the Museu Chacara do Ceu. Thieves stole four valuable paintings: a Monet "Marine", Picasso's "Dance", Matisse's "Jardin de Luexmbourg", and Dali's "Two Balconies". For pictures (and article in Portuguse) see Link
RECOVERED Stockholm, Sweden: An August Strindberg painting "Svartsjukans Natt / Jealousy's Night" (picture) was stolen from the Strindberg museum. For details see article.
Partial Recovery - Whiltshire, United Kingdom: The estate of reclusive mogal Harry Hyams was raided by thieves. Museum quality pieces worth millions missing. For official details see Whiltshire's Ramsbury Raid .
- February 9, 2006 Brussels, Belgium: Castle theft, the Chateau Grand Bigard. Valuable art and antiquities were stolen see article.
); in English see INTERPOL
- January 8, 2006 Nova Sad, Serbia: City Museum robbery, theives stole four works, a copy of Rembrandt's "Portrait of Father", an alleged Rubens' "Portrait of Seneca", Mola (minature scene w/ fisherman) and a 16th century Dutch painting "Head of Christ". Article & pictures (in Serb see link
2005's Most Wanted Art
; Reward £100,000
- December 15, 2005 Much Hadham, Hertfordshire, UK: An enourmous Henry Moorebronze "Reclining Figure" was stolen from the late artist's Perry Green estate. For Picture see BBC
- November 19, 2005 Scranton, PA USA: Two works, Jason Pollock's "Springs Winter " and an Andy Warhol print "Le Grande Passion, " were stolen from Everhart Museum.
- January 9, 2005 Hoorn, Netherlands: The Westfries Museum was struck by thieves. The haul included 17th century paintings by Jan van Goyen, Jacob Waben, Matthias Withoos, Jan Rietschoof, Jan Linsen , Herman Henstenburg and a silver collection. In Dutch, see Westfries Museum
2004's Most Wanted Art
For more information see our Stolen Art Directory.
SAZ PRODUCTIONS, INC.
COPYRIGHT © 1998 - 2008 All rights reserved.
Additions, deletions, questions, and comments: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
HOME / SITE MAP