"Search for the World's Most Wanted Art"
COPYRIGHT © 1998 - 2008 SAZ PRODUCTIONS, INC.
We are seeking information about these cases:
2001's Most Wanted Art
- December 10, 2001 Turin, Italy: RECOVERED 6/15/05 Theft of a Goya (attrib.) "Count Ugolino della Gherardesca" see picture
RECOVERED 1/17/02 Russian Collection from the Uzbeck State Museum: Ayvazovskiy's "Sunsets in the Steppe", Tropinin's "Princess Obolenskaya", Bryulov's "A Turkish Woman",Kramskoy's "A Girl withRed Bow" and Surikov's sketch for the painting "Morning of the Execution of the Streltsy.
- October 10, 2001 Tashkent, Uzbeckistan:
- marble statuettes adorning the thrown of Queen Euridice (Alexander the Great's Grandmother).
RECOVERED 6/21/02 Fourteen paintings were stolen including works by Brueghel, Goya, Pissarro, Gris, Camarasa, Foujita, Solana, Sorolla,Ortiz & Nonell.
- August 8, 2001 Madrid, Spain:
RECOVERED "Lenin in Blue"
- July 18, 2001 Cologne, Germany: Andy Warhol
RECOVERED 9/28/02 Gainsborough & Belloto
- June 26, 2001 County Wicklow, Ireland:
RECOVERED 1/23/02 Chagall Theft
- June 8, 2001 New York City, NY USA:
DESTROYED painting by Dou
- May 19, 2001 Innsbruck, Austria:
- April 22, 2001 Lucerne, Switzerland Van Goyen
RECOVERED Gerome Theft
- March 22, 2001 St. Petersburg, Russia:
2000's Most Wanted Art
RECOVERY 7/27/01 Donatello, Simone Martini, & Giotto
- April 2, 2000 Florence, Italy:
RECOVERED 7/16/00 Helmantal
- February 24, 2000 Netherlands:
RECOVERED 5/18/00 Lowry Theft
- January 20, 2000 United Kingdom:
1999's Most Wanted Art
Other 20th century art thefts (listings in French) see link
RECOVERED 12/9/99 16 paintings from the Museum of the academy of Fine Art.
- December 5, 1999 St. Petersburg, Russia:
RECOVERED 11/18/99 Guercino, Carracci, inc.
- November 15,1999 Rome, Italy:
- November 11, 1999 Bilthoven, Netherlands: Seven paintings stolen including works by Jan Steen, Van Goyan, and Van Ruisdael
- August 7, 1999 Bussum, Netherlands: Seven paintings stolen including works by Momper, Van Mieris and Van Ostade.
RECOVERED 7/10/99 France, Nice: Matisse
RECOVERED 3/16/06 Van Gogh Theft
- May 14, 1999 Den Bosch, Netherlands:
RECOVERED 1/16/00 St Petersburg, Russia: Perov
RECOVERED 8/23/99 Denmark: Belini & Rembrandt
RECOVERED 5/17/99 United Kingdom, gunmen stole 20 paintings from the York City Art Gallery. The haul included works by Turner, Stickert, Bartolommeo and others.
For more information see our Stolen Art Directory.
SAZ PRODUCTIONS, INC.
COPYRIGHT © 1998 - 2008
Additions, deletions, questions, and comments:
HOME / SITE MAP